Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chapter 7: 1 new message received





I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. My smile grew even bigger as I remembered my dream. Was I falling for him? Yes. Yes I was. My smile was now the "ear-to-ear" kind.
I got out of bed, washed up and got dressed. I put on my skinny black H&M jeans, a Banana Republic fuschia loose shirt, my Balenciaga and golden Greek style sandals. Accessories, the rolex, a golden chain necklace from Massimo Dutti, and my Juicy charm bracelet. 6ab3an, after that I logged into FB. I had a message in my inbox. It was Jara7! I was smiling before I even read it. It said:
"I had a great talk with you ams. Inshalla tin3ad il'laila. W 3ala fikra, check the timing of when this message was sent to you (so I did, it was sent at 6:17am).Hatha ma3nata inna kintay awal shay ya 3ala balli awal ma ga3at min ilnom. Have a nice day ;). Take care."
I let out a slight laugh. OmG he makes me feel so happy. It feels great to be liked and wanted. And now, I am ALMOST certain that I like him and want him too.
Faj2a, a thought occurred to me. Jara7 is soo good with words! This obviously means inna he is very experienced at this. I mean talking to girls. I really don’t care if he has ex's or not. But, what I am worried about is, what if he uses this same technique for every other girl. I have got to focus and think clearly. I shouldn't be falling for him so easily! Mithl ma galat '3azl, lazm ashoof mina shay "woow", 3ala golat'ha. It has to be something that will make me feel inna it applies to me only. Something really special. NOT, some flirtatious conversations and messages!
Anyways, I logged out of FB, left my room, and drank my coffee while I looked through the newspapers. Today, I found 2 articles about my dad. So, I ripped them out, put them to the side and left the house.
During the first lecture, I told '3azl about the message. She was actually proud of me for the fact that I snapped out of my "I-think-I'm-in-love" moment. The rest of the lectures went by fairly slowly. By 12pm, it was time for our lunch break. Ya3goub and his friends were off to Mcdonalds to get food and so he texted me asking if we wanted anything.
Ya3goub: off to Mcdonalds.. tabwn shay?!
7ala: eee please =D. 2 Mcchicken meals with Diet coke. 2 mayonnaise, and 2 sweet chilli sause. Ya3goub, DIET coke! ;)
Ya3goub: enshaaaaaaala ;)
When they arrived with the food, we decided to sit and eat together in our campus garden. Half an hour later, we were done, and so we walked to class together.
Ya3goub: by the way 7ala.
7ala: hala?
Ya3goub: your cokes weren’t diet!
7ala: whaaaaat?!
'3azl: ya3goooooub?!
Ya3goub: I guess that means, what, 10 million calories instead of just 1?
7ala: I hate you. That's sooo mean! You can never, never do that to a girl!
Ya3goub: Min 9ijkum intaw, shinw ye3ni itha mu diet? 3al3umwm, I was just kidding, Hahaha that was fuun.

A couple of hours later, we were done with lectures for the day. I headed back home. Bilbait, I noticed my mom and Shams were eating lunch without my dad.
7ala: ha wain baba?
Mom: not coming for lunch today. Sit. Eat.
7ala: no thanks, I ate.
I went and kissed Shams, then went into my room. I changed and prayed. Then, I switched on my laptop, put on a song from iTunes and logged in into FB. I was singing along while I checked if anyone was online. Well actually, I checked if JARA7 was online.
"3umri mafakart feek w ma 5i6ar flbal 7bk..lain galbi gal abeek w 3aini galat a7bk..gmt afz lshoftk w at7ara jeitk.. antithr 7ubi iljedeed ba3d ma fakart feek"
Fortunately he was online! Instantly, I heard the "plop!"
Jara7: hi 7ala. Shlonch?
7ala: hey. Tamam. U?
Jara7: b5air il7emdilla. So, did you read my message this morning?
7ala: ee I did. Thanks that was so sweet of you.
Jara7: and I really meant it.
7ala: I hope so ;p
Jara7: afaaa :S
7ala: ;p
Jara7: you don’t trust me?
7ala: well, I don’t know you well enough to trust you. But, I don’t NOT trust you.
Jara7: ahaaa.. fahamt. That was honest. I like it. So how was your day?
7ala: the usual. 3adi, lecture after lecture. How about you?
Jara7: ee same. W ba3ad, shinw bitsaween ilyom ;)?
7ala: well, nothing fun. Inshala ba3ad shwey barid ilkoleya to study in the library.
Jara7: ahaa.. ee good luck. W what time bitredyn ilbait?
7ala: ye3ni around 9. Y?
Jara7: oollla
7ala: shinw?!
Jara7: ye3ni I have to wait till 9 to talk to you again ;p?!
7ala: ee. That’s if you're lucky and I DO go on FB tonight ;p (I teased, I was getting more confident at this)
Jara7: la ana mit2aked inna you will.
7ala: y are you so sure ;p?
Jara7: because I know that you're a FB junkie.
7ala: ahaaa ye3ni you think you know me very well do you? Ok so what else do you about me?
Jara7: I now know you love reading. And you love collecting vintage books, ya7lailich. You love shopping. You love Blair's style, madri minw ti6la3 hathi il9ara7a. You cant live without your iTrip. 7obch ilawal w ila5eer ubuch. Mmmm shinw ba3aaaad?
7ala: have you been investigating me? ;p
Jara7: ma ra7 a5ish 3alaich. I've been talking to ya3goub about you. I want to know more about you so I raise my chances with you. And he's been very helpful ;p tara he approves of me, for your information.
7ala: ee he does, la7ath't. ilmohim, its not fair!
Jara7: shinw uhwa illi not fair?
7ala: I know nothing about you ;p
Jarra7: mmmm ok. Well, I'm into politics 7addi. Ye3ni I don’t read books ;p I read newspapers. I'm studying business, in case you didn’t know ;p when I want something and I stick my mind to it, I always get it ;p
7ala: always ;p?
Jara7: ee always ;p. o and I love racing ;)
7ala: shllon ye3ni?
Jara7: ye3ni every now and then, me, my friends and some guys, nitifi8 to race bil bar. B5ti9ar ye3ni. I cant tell you all the details, it’s too dangerous ;p
We talked for almost an hour, when suddenly my phone rang. It was '3azl reminding me to change to go to ilkoleya.
7ala: anyways, I have to go study now. Talk to you soon inshalla
Jara7: good luck. Take care.
A while later, '3azl and I were both bl koleya. I told her about my conversation with jara7 and then we both went to the library. We have been studying for almost 2 hours by now. My mobile vibrated, it was a msg.
"basna Facebook. I want to talk to you whenever I feel like it"

No comments:

Post a Comment