Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chapter 4: Remember where you parked.




Classes were finally over. The weekend has just begun!
'3azl: ok, so movie then dinner at Maki. Bs ay filim? 7ala, do u have this week's movie schedule?
7ala: 6ab3aan I do. Okk mmmm.. what time tabwn?
'3azl: ye3ni around 6, 9a7 banat?
They all agreed.
7ala: ok avenues around 6… mm here's the perfect movie, plus am in the mood for a comedy. 5ala9, Shopaholic at 5:30 avenues, then 3asha Maki. Perfect! Can't wait! Yalla banat see you in a few hours nshalla, barw7 ilbait abadel.
'3azl: ee me too, yalla byee.
'3azl wa9ilatni to my car. On my way home, my phone rang. It was '3azl.
7ala: waaaaay shtabeeen (I teased)
'3azl: hi.. abi a3arf shinw btalbesyn for tonight?
7ala: mm madri, al7een I go home, at'3ada, shower, w laman I check my closet adg 3alaich. Intay what do you have in mind?
'3azl: heels! W il baji I'll decide at home.
7ala: heheh 5ala9 ok .. yalla talk to you soon. Byee
While I was parking my car, my dad was unlocking the house main door to enter, he noticed me fa ni6arni 3ind il bab. I hurried out of the car.
7ala: hii baba. Shlonk?
Dad: hala 7alati. Il7emdilla b5air, intay shlonch?
7ala: tamam
He put his arms around my shoulder as we went up the stairs together. The food was already on the table.
7ala: oo lasagna! My favorite, 3ad I'm starving!
Half an hour later we were done. I told my parents about my plans for the day then I went to take a shower. Awal ma 6al3t, with the towels still on my body and hair, I switched on my laptop. 3ala ma it was switching on, dagait 3ala '3azl.
7ala: hey.. so 8arartay shinw btalbeseen, ana ba3di
'3azl: ana ba3ad not yet. Yalla open your closet
7ala: la7tha dgeega, let me check my FB
'3azl: waaay besich tara mu zain!
7ala: hehehe I'll just check it 3alsaree3.
While '3azl was chatting, la7ath't inna I had a new message in my inbox. Laman fita7t ilmessage w garaita, the only word that was capable of coming out of my mouth was: AYSHAY!
'3azl: shfeeech?!
7ala: no waaaay..
'3azl: whaaat?!
7ala: ams I got a message from wa7ed ma3arfa, saying: "tara min 9iji I'm not just fooling around". Bes ma3arfta fa I jut erased the messsge. Now, I get another message from the same guy, isma Jara7 ilX. Sim3ay, I'l read you the message:
Ya3goub galli 3an your reaction laman he told you 3anni. And I completely understand. That will not make me stop trying, bil 3ex a9lan now I know inna you're the kind of girl I want so I will be trying much harder. I hope you're not offended by this, that is not my intention at all.
'3azl: ahaaa…hehehe
7ala: '3azl! Did u here what I just read?
'3azl: ee I did, sheeech why are you so freaked out?
7ala: lesh, am I supposed to be calm in a situation like this?!
'3azl: I mean inna you're over reacting 7ala! Ilrayal magal shay '3ala6, tara 3adi.
7ala: shinw 3adi? Intay min 9ijich
'3azl: I'm not telling you to date the guy, I'm just saying inna hear what he has to say. Don't just freak out and get mad 3ala 6wl! Ma9ar shay!
7ala: ….( I take a deep breathe a few times) ok I'm calm. Since you're so wise, yalla tell me what to do now?
'3azl: nothing. Don’t do anything
7ala: shlon ye3ni?
'3azl: ye3ni, mu uhwa ygwl inna yabeech? W 3ala golta he's going to try even harder. Bes, wait and see what he comes up with. I'm sure inna la7ath inna you're not the kind of girl illi you're going to say yes to any random guy. And akeed every serious guy yabi wa7da chithi. Fa itha ohwa 9ij 9ij yabech, then lazm isawee shay "woow", inna you change your mind about him and 3al a8al ta36eena chance inna tit3arifain 3alaih and then with time see where it goes. Fahamtay 8a9di.
7ala: ee I think so. Madrii. Anyways, you're going to be with me all the way through this. Inshalla i'll do whatever you advice me.
'3azl: ee akeeed! Yalla back to mawthw3na, shinw bnalbis.
I felt more comfortable and confident knowing that '3azl will know what I'm supposed to do. She was good at these stuff. After all, she was more experienced in the field of dating than I was. I never had a so called boyfriend. She had one serious boyfriend. Very serious. But it ended, and I don't think she ever got over it. She doesn’t like talking about it, so we just don't mention him.
After a while, we had decided on what to wear. First I put on my make up: thin line of liquid eyeliner with a tiny flick, mascara, and a Chanel No.5 red lipstick. My outfit of choice was: a long dark grey silk shirt with some lace at the bottom, a black waist belt , my Seven jeans, and a black shaila. I had promised '3azl I would wear high heels, so I settled on my mom's Dolce and Gabanna leopard print heels. I love the fact that my mom and I had the same shoe size! Now the bag: my red Louis Vuitton Vernis Bag. I took I final glance at the mirror then left the house.
15 minutes later, I was at the avenues parking lot. It was sooo za7ma I couldn’t find wala maw8ef. Finally ligait maw8ef, I parked w 6ala3t min ilsayara and I made a mental not of where I had parked, Blue P 6. Akrah mawa8ifhum, 7ad'hum tight! Anyways, by 5:15 we were all gathered at cinescape. We decided not to get snacks and leave space for Maki <3. About an hour and a half later, the movie was over. Eyaneeeen! We all loved it.
'3azl: Now I want the green scarf!
7ala: eee, me too!
So, we walked to Maki . Ga3adna da5el, flipped through the menu then 6alabna. We were in Maki for quite a while, eating and chatting. Mostly chatting. A5er shay, we just confirmed our plans for tomorrow, lunch at slider's at 2pm, and then we all left to our cars.
I was trying to get out of the parking bes ma3araft shlon. Waaaay, avenues parking spaces are soo tight! What made the salfa even worse is that there was a guy that was waiting for me to a6la3 so that ya5eth my parking place, w the cars illi warah started honking. I just couldn’t get the car out, so I did what my dad told me to do awal ma he handed me my license: itha twahagtay let someone else handle the car. So, I simply got out of my car, and waved to the guy to come help me. Awal ma 6ala3 min ilsayara, I regretted doing that! How could I be so stupid?! How could I not notice the car! It was a Golden Cayenne. THE Golden Cayenne. Oh God. Jara7 (I knew his name now) confidently walked towards me.
Jara7: shlonch?
7ala: I don’t mean to be rude, bes could you just get the car out. There's no need for small talk.
He smiled to me. OmG, the dimples… sooo cuuute. Then he got into my car, and smoothly got it out. That made me feel so stupid. He got out of my car, and came up to me and said: "what a coincidence".
7ala: ya what a coincidence..ammmm.. mashkwr maga9art.
Jara7: 3adi shda3wa, it was my pleasure. O 3ala fikra, that made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment