Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chapter 1: This Is The Life I, 7ala, Live (Part I)





My alarm went off. It's 6:45 am. I always set my alarm an hour before I need to leave the house. As usual, I snooze it for like half an hour. It doesn’t take me long to get dressed since I have a certain "look" that I stick to for university: a great pair of jeans, today true religion, any wide, loose shirt, today I'm going for a white Ralph Lauren boyfriend shirt with a big black pony, red Aldo flats, and ofcorse my favourite Giant hardware black Balenciaga bag which I wear almost everyday. Now, which shaila…? A black one, with black strass lining will do. Accessories: dad's gold rolex (which I stole from him bes still mu mla7th), with a gold juicy starter bracelet on one hand, and a big D&G alligator skin bangle on the other. Make-up: mascara and my cherry labello, which gives a slight hint of color to my lips. Ready. I leave my room. I check the clock in our 9ala, 7:30. I have 15 minutes to drink my morning coffee and skim through the stack of newspapers. I never really read them, maybe just the headlines. I usually look for my dads photo or name (a7ibaaaa <3). When I do find something associated with him, I rip out the paper and put it to the side, this way its ready for my dad to read before he leaves for work. Like I said, I'm not the one who reads them. I check the time, its 7:45! I should've left the house by now, bes today is one of those busy days for my dad, fa wayed articles for me to rip off. This means inna no time to check my facebook before I leave. O I forgot to mention, I am a FB addict. So I run down the stairs, ( I usually take the elevators cuz the walls are covered with mirrors, so, I can see myself from each angle), put on my ray-bans, swing the door open, and leave. Awal ma arkab ilsayara the first thing I do (after reading du3a2 ilrukwb 6ab3an) is look for a song on my ipod…no….no…. hmmm …too slowm abi shay y5aleenee a9a79i7.. ahhaa, perfect for my mood this morning, just dance, by lady gaga. I start the engine, connect my ipod to the itrip, and start singing along. Foot on break, Reverse, slowly remove my foot from break, and il7emdilla safely leave the parking spot. I just turned 18 recently, so I haven’t been driving much. As a younger teenager, I remember being so excited to drive, I just couldn’t wait! But now, I just wonder why did I used to think that driving was so much fun?! Its so scary. W ana no3i wayed asra7 and its hard for me to be alert and focused on the street ALL the time. As a result of that, most of my breaks are sudden, I rarely slow down gradually. 3al a8al I drive an LR3, so 3ala golat ommi, ilsayara 3alya fa laman ad3am ( laman mu itha ;p) I will be fine. I am a very clumsy person fa its kinda expected. Finally, I arrive at the koleya, so I slowly park my car, careful not to run over the tiny turbo parked next to me. I walk at a fast pace to the lecture room. I'm not that late but the professor has already started the lecture so I sit down at the back quietly. I'm not one who sits at the front and makes notes anyways, I like it at the back, you can see everyone. I look for '3azl . She's been my best friend since first grade in school. And now we're together in university, same major, medicine. They say that medical students have no life, bes together, he have the best life! She's great, always been there for me no matter what, and we are just so much alike. I can tell what she is thinking just by looking at her, and she says things the moment I think them, its freaky and amazing! Icant see her anywhere, so I look for my phone in my bag. Where is it?! I have so much junk in bag, for example, I have 5 cinescape schedules, (wa7ed mal 2 weeks ago, 3 which are exactly the same, w the 5th madri mal mita.. olla 3 months ago ;p), a million lip balms, chocolate rappers, ambaaay and so much more useless stuff. Where is my phone? It's always lost anyways, dayman ansa in the most random places, fitting rooms, in my PJ drawer, between files..! Kahu! Ligaita..create new msg
7ala: hey.. good morning! Wainch?
'3azl: 15 mins ;)
A while later, '3azl walks in. She sits next to me in the last row ( we sit here ta8reban every lecture ), she looked great as usual. I love the fact that she confidently wears heels whenever she feels like it.
7ala: heyy.. shlonch?
'3azl: tamam.. intay?
7ala: gd.. y r u late?
'3azl: za7maaa.. W ilsayarat kilha dashat b a5la8i.. bes I showed them!
She was a better driver than me, again more confident. Ana I don’t even dare to use the honk !
Suddenly a girl infront of us turns around: hhuuuussssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! (she shuts us up ;s)
'3azl: min 9ijha hathi? hehehe
We both started to giggle. We had a reputation of being "giggly" during classes and every other time. We just love to have fun!
What seemed like a life time later, class was finally over. Thank God for my iPod, ( other than listening to music, I used the university wireless to check my FB account, since I didn’t have time for that at home) which made time pass a bit faster. And now we had a long break, in other words.. a nice lunch away from campus with the girls. So, we decided lunch at Fridays avenues. 6ab3an while eating, 7ashaina. Hathi in5a6bat, w hathi mlichat etc.. we talked about fashion, all the new must haves. We had class again in half an hour, so we decided to head back. '3azl and I were in the car singing together like we always did. The music would be on soo loud that we would start screaming instead of singing "yallah ya rabahum ahdaytahum fahdeeh ya alahh rabaah rab al bashar rab al 8adar kan el 8adar fargaahhhhhh !!!".. We notice a car of guys driving close to us, a golden Cayenne We were in one of those moods where everything is funny and so this made us laugh even more. We never understood those guys that flirted in the streets. Did they seriously think that girls liked that? Ok ,, fine,, I admit, we do like it. Its nice to get attention, bes seriously its not likea girl wants to end up with a guy this way, ye3ni minw tabi wa7ed t3arifat 3alaih bl share3 ;p! it started to get a bit freaky cuz he followed us all the way to the university parking, but thank goodness he couldn't find a parking next to us. By the time he parked his car, we had already entered the campus building.
7ala: was that guy serious?
'3azl: hehehe
And again, we both started giggling and walked to class.

1 comment: