Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chapter 12: The perfect gift




That night I couldn’t sleep. Remember the feeling when you were a kid and tomorrow was going to be the first day of school and you just can't sleep? I felt that way. I was over excited that I just couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow. Jara7 and I were now at a new level in our relationship. It was going great so far. And I was really looking forward to our future. I just caaant sleep! So, I decide to call Ya3goub.
Ya3goub: minww?!
7ala: ya3goub? shinw minw? I7na b2ay 8arn? fe shay isma caller ID!
Ya3goub: did your car just happen to stop in the middle of the road again? Or what is it this time?!
7ala: ya3goub!! No I'm fine. I just can't sleep. I want to chat
Ya3goub: isa3a cham 7ala…?
7ala: a5af agwlk..
Ya3goub: hhhhhh… Walla btalasht feech ana.. ok yalla chat..
7ala: 5ala9.. I don’t want to chat with u when you're in this mood.. hawant bye
Ya3goub: 7ala.. chat.. I want to chat with you.. please chat..
7ala: ti6anaz?
Ya3goub: la 7asha!
7ala: ok ba6aweflk this time li2anna seriously I want to chat
Ya3goub: 7ala if you say the word "chat" again walla basd il telefon!
7ala: hehehe ok ok… sorry.. anyways.. so ask me how was my date today. Well actually, at this time, its yesterday by now hehehe
Ya3goub: so how was your date yesterday?
7ala: remember that dream I told you about?! Laman tha7akt 3alay?! Well.. it was just like that.. except inna I wasn’t wearing crocs.. he brought crocs with him just in case! How sweet! It was the best night ever.. picnic by the beach on sunset.. then a walk by the beach in the dark.. I loved it!
Ya3goub: I'm glad you did.. I really am..
7ala: thanks.. by the way!!
Ya3goub: shinw ba3ad?
7ala: why didn’t you tell me it was his birthday ilyom? I mean ams.. or whatever!
Ya3goub: weeee nisait t9adgeen! Zain inch thakartnini yam3awda!
7ala: ya3goub shlon mat3arf your friend's birthday!!
Ya3goub: intay do you know ALL your friends' birthdays? I've only known him for 2 years laman kina bilthanwiya, then we lost touch, unitl he met you. Ye3ni we're friends bes not THAT close. I just forgot.. its not s big deal.
7ala: o I thought you guys were tight?
Ya3goub: 7ala,, we're friends now.. does it make a difference?
7ala: no.. bes chithi su2al.. ilmohim…I need help..
Ya3goub: amray
7ala: what should I get him for his birthday? Ye3ni what do guys like?
Ya3goub: intay ba3ad?!
7ala: shinw?
Ya3goub: he asks me about you. W intay you ask me about him.. hahaha.. ok ok.. I'll help you 7ala.. hahaha
7ala: stop laughing
Ya3goub: ok ok.. 5ala9.. intay what do you have in mind?
7ala: madri.. I was thinking a watch or cufflings.. ooorr mmmmm.. shrayk madri?
Ya3goub: ee these are nice things. Kaifch
7ala: adri kaifi.. that’s not helpful ya3goub..ye3ni these are things I bought for my dad.. madri a7is abi shay special..especilly inna it’s the first gift I get him
Ya3goub: ee fahamt 8a9dch..ok 3indi fikra.. he's always looking for a lighter and always needs to buy a new one.. get him a classy one..you ge….
7ala: la walla?! Ayebla wala3a?! that's like telling him go ahead smoke! Kill yourself slowly!
Ya3goub: ma5alaitni akaml kalami.. bes ok fine.. kaifch
7ala: gwl.. lets see what good comes out of this!
Ya3goub: get him a classy lighter that he can use all the time, and you can carve something on it.. ye3ni make it special 3ala goltch..
7ala: omG I love the idea..thaaaaanks ya3goub.. walla shasawi bidwnk?!
7a3goub: madrii.. (he yawned)
7ala: ok ok.. yalla go sleep.. thanks again! Ti9ba7 3ala 5air!
Ya3goub: no problem.. wintay mn ahla.. byee
I put the phone under my pillow. I lay down and just thought about what to carve on the lighter. What would be personal and meaning full? What would be thoughtful and about US? I got a lot of random thoughts.. our initials… the date of his birthday which is the same as our first date..or just simply happy birthday..? no.. I abi shay really special..abi something that would make him smile everytime he uses it.. but I seriously hate the fact that I'm in a way encouraging smoking.. hhhmmmm…faj2a I got the best idea ever!
I closed my eyes and waited to fall asleep.. I could feel myself smiling even though I wasn’t doing it intentionally. Finally, sometime later I fell asleep.
My morning alarm went on.. I woke up in a very good mood. Before starting my morning routine, I took my phone and messaged jara7: "9aba7 il5air! I had a great night ams! Don’t forget inna I'm giving you your gift tonight! cant wait to see you again!
An hour later I was in the lecture room. I told '3azl about the idea jara7 gave me and the personal touch I was going to add to it. As soon as our lecture was done, we went shopping for a lighter. There were so many to choose from. I just didn’t know what to get. A5eeran I decided on a St. Dupant gold lighter. It was perfect. Just the right shape and size. After that, we immediately went to that place Ya3goub told me about to get it engraved. They told me it would be done in two hours, so '3azl and I decided to go out for lunch while it was done. Ri7na chillis ilba7ar. We ordered and ate and talked. The whole time I just couldn’t wait for the gift to be done. Not only because I wanted to give it to Jara7 as soon as possible, but also because I wanted a reason to see him again. Finally we were done, and the lighter was ready. I messaged jara7: same place as last night. Meet you there at 6pm.
Jara7: cant wait ;)
I went home to get ready. This time I wanted to be dressed appropriately so that we can walk by the beach for a longer time than yesterday. So that I spend more time with him! I decided on my black juicy velour tracksuit with a white shirt from under, and I thought it would be cute if I wore his crocs. I wore my across-the-chest-over-the-shoulder silver miu miu coffer.
By 5: 30 I was there. I was so impatient I just had to leave the house. At 5:37 he was there too.
While I was tuning the car off, Jara7 opened the door for me. He held my hand as I got out of the car and he was singing another majeed song to me: "ma gidart a9br w jeetk gabl maw3dna b sa3a.. w il'3areeb inni ligaitk tnt'thr gabli b sa3a.."
7ala: so I guess we're both early hehehe
Jara7: ee! I guess laihal daraja mu gadreen infarg ba3ath (I smiled). So wear's my gift?!
7ala: here (I put up the bag so he can see it) lets go for a walk first..
We walked for almost an hour, and just talked. I love talking to him. Even more than that, I loved listening to him talk. I love his sweet masculine voice..
Jara7: ok yalla 3ad! Mita bta36eeny haditi?!
7ala: hehehe.. here you go..
I watched him unwrap it with a smile..i was smiling too.. this was just so perfect.
7ala: inshalla 3jbtk ilhadeya?
Jara7: ee wayed..3ad 9ij walla kint mi7taj wala3a.. dayman adwrli wa7da.. now problem solved!
7ala: flip it over..
He flipped it over and was trying to look for whatever I meant. It was too dark, so I took out my phone and pointed the screen light on the wala3a. He let out a slight laugh, then read out the engraving:
"if you love me, then quit "

3 comments:

  1. cute walla :)
    i love ya3goub :)
    he is like the fairy godmother :)
    lol
    and the engraving walla chalba :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i loved the engraving:p
    and YOU posted;** walah i was waiting so long for you to post:**

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh sweeet engraving!!
    i cant wait to see wat he says about it!!

    ReplyDelete